Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
Aloo Tiikki is a popular north indian snack, usually served with Choley. You can usually find it on the street stalls of Chaat but this easy and quick recipe can help you make it at home.
Ingredients Of Spicy Aloo Tikki
- 2 Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorn
- 4 Potatoes (Boiled), mashed
- 1/2 Cup Peas (Boiled), mashed
- 1 Cup Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Ground spice
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 Cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Maida
- To garnish Curd
- To garnish Mint chutney
How to Make Spicy Aloo Tikki
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced onion to it and fry till golden brown.
- In another pan, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black peppercorn for a while. Grind them together.
- Take mashed potatoes in a bowl along with mashed peas.
- Add ginger paste followed by fried onion and mix them thoroughly.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, ground spice, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix these ingredients well to make a sticky mixture.
- Add maida to the bowl and mix again.
- Now, make round balls for tikki out of the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration, pan fry the tikkis in some oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot and crispy Aloo tikki garnished with curd and mint chutney.
Key Ingredients: Oil, Onion, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Black peppercorn, Potatoes (Boiled), Peas (Boiled), Ginger paste, Salt, Red chilli powder, Ground spice, Green chilli, Coriander leaves, Maida, Curd, Mint chutney