If you’re someone who’s afraid of cooking seafood at home, cod is the fish for you. It’s basically impossible to mess up: It cooks quickly, is hard to overcook (unless you really forget about it), and is easy to flavor however you want.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and pat cod filets with a paper towel until dry. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices, garlic, and thyme.
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Pour tomato-oil mixture into dish, then nestle in cod.
- Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley, more lemon juice, and pan sauce.