Psoriasis is a chronic and a long-term disorder that occurs when the skin cells grow too quickly causing the skin to become thick, silvery, white or have red patches on it. Psoriasis is an auto-immune condition which manifests as a skin disease, where the immune cells attack the body’s own skin cells and his causes abnormal growth in the skin. Consequently, there is thickening of the cells coupled with excessive shedding.
Causes and Symptoms of Psoriasis
Psoriasis can be triggered by either a bacterial or viral infection, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, certain type of medications, environmental factors, injury to the skin and even stress. The symptoms can vary and may show up differently in people and can be seen as red patches with silvery scales, dry and cracked skin that may bleed, thickened or ridged nails and can be accompanied by swollen or stiff joints. The manifestation may be cyclical and the flare-ups could last from a few weeks to a few months.
Use of Homeopathy to Treat Psoriasis
The general perception is that Psoriasis is incurable and in the allopathic work this condition is typically treated with the use of corticosteroids. This contrasts directly with the homeopathic approach because homeopathy medicines are designed to act on the immunity level and aims to restore the deviation in function. It successfully controls and manages the symptoms without any side-effects. The homeopathic remedies do not intend to suppress the inflammation but actually correct the reason that caused the cells to inflame and divide indiscriminately. It offers a long-term solution that result in a gradual permanent cure.
Here are some potent homeopathic formulations which will help you deal with Psoriasis
- Arsenic Album: This tops the list for remedies that effectively treats Psoriasis. This is excellent when there are large scales, excess peeling and the skin is very rough. There is a lot of dryness accompanied with itching and burning. It works well to soothe a highly anxious and stressed person.
- Graphites: This is another popular remedy for patients who have low tolerance to cold. This leads to eruptions on the skin with thick sticky discharge and causes it to become hard and rough. This typically occurs in the groin or the bends of the joints.
- Sepia:The eruptions can have an unpleasant odour in the affected area and this formulation is an effective treatment to contain it. It acts deeply and cannot be given too often. It also tackles weakness, irritability and yellow skin apart from the regular symptoms of the disease.
- Thyroidinum: This is a great option for patients who are anaemic or are affected by cold temperatures. Their skin gets dry and impoverished with cold hands and feet and itching without skin lesions that are visible.
- Mezereum: This is useful for treating Psoriasis on the head or scalp. Here the head is covered leathery thick crusts with pus accumulation. There could also be white scabs and scaly eruptions on the scalp.
There are several combinations of medicines available and the homeopathy approach customises its medication based on the patient’s personality, past history and symptoms to offer a permanent solution.
You can make an online medicine purchase on Zigy, in accordance with a treatment plan from a certified doctor. You no longer have to go hunting for homeopathic medicines as Zigyis ideal for ordering medicines online. Browse for unlimited choices on wellness and health-related merchandise.